Tio

Just wanna share my experience

All about Statistics


Normal

STATISTICS

There are lies, darned lies, and statistical outliers.

Statistics means never having to say you’re certain.

Statistics is the art of never having to say you’re wrong. Variance is what any two statisticians are at.C.J.Bradfield

A statistician is a person who draws a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.

A statistician is a person who stands in a bucket of ice water, sticks their head in an oven and says “on average, I feel fine!”K.Dunnigan

A statistician drowned while crossing a stream that was, on average, 6 inches deep.

Most people use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post, more for support than enlightenment.

Figures don’t lie, but liars figure.Samuel Clemens (alias Mark Twain)

Are statisticians normal?

An engineer, a physicist, and a statistician were moose hunting in northern

The weather man is never wrong. Suppose he says that there’s an 80% chance of rain. If it rains, the 80% chance came up; if it doesn’t, the 20% chance came up!

May 12, 2008 - Posted by | Statistics |

1 Comment »

  1. I’ll have to remember you blog comments for my Statistics students.

    Please let me know what you think of my Statistics Tutorial Software: Chapter 12 of my Math911 program.

    Download from http://www.math911.com

    If you like it, sprea the word. Thanks

    Prof Martin Weissman

    Comment by themathprof | September 28, 2008 | Reply


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: